Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Asian Flowers

Hey kids!  I have to write this post in a hurry, I need to get out the door to my doctor's appointment in the next ten minutes to check on Mr. Three Days Late (not that I'm counting).  So without further ado, here's today's card!


Having lived in Japan for almost three years, I love all the Asian-inspired stamps I can get my hands on.  I used this week's Global Design Project color combination:

I only used a little bit of sponged-on Daffodil Delight ink, kinda to look like sunlight behind the flowers, and I added some Early Espresso to ground the brightness of the Emerald Envy and Watermelon Wonder.  And there's some Soft Suede in there too.

Combined that with the Mojo Monday sketch:


All those layers were a bit of a challenge but I gave it a shot!  And now I need to quickly eat the rest of my sandwich so I can get out the door.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artistically Asian
Ink:  Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Emerald Envy, Watermelon Wonder
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Early Espresso, Carried Away & Moroccan DSP
Accessories:  Emerald Envy ribbon, Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Jess said...

Gorgeous card Christy! You really made these colours work beautifully together. Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so fabulous! Love that image. Thanks for joining us for Mojo Monday!

PJ said...

Great job with the colors and the sketch. pjs-projects.blogspot.com