Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Shenanigans (Again)

Confession time:  I redid a scrapbook layout.  I try really hard not to do that...I have so many pictures I haven't gotten around to scrapping yet, and I know not every layout can be my favorite but every once in a while I just feel compelled to redo something.  And this time it was the Shenanigans layout I posted not all that long ago.  Hit the link to see the first draft, and then check out what it morphed into:


And I do really like this one better!  So why the change?  Well, I did the Shenanigans layout first out of all my Spain pictures, and then I ended up using a particular color combination for the other three Spain layouts and it totally offended my scrappy OCD that the Shenanigans one didn't fit with the rest of them.  So I gave in and redid it.


This one was more labor-intensive than the first iteration just based on the title--since I wanted Crushed Curry letters on a Calypso Coral page base, this time I stamped them on Whisper White and cut them all out, which is a little tricky since the letters are so tall and skinny.  But I love the way it turned out.  The DSP pack is called Best Year Ever, and it was either a Sale-a-Bration offering a couple years ago or it was in the Occasions catalog that year, I can't remember which, but I seriously love that paper and I used it on all the other Spain layouts too.


The color palette comes straight from the DSP pack with the addition of Midnight Muse.  So Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, the aforementioned Midnight Muse, and smaller bits of Soft Suede and Sahara Sand with Whisper White.  And now that I've done this layout I only have one more sheet of 12x12 Calypso Coral....I really wish having individual color packs in 12x12 cardstock.  Maybe SU! will continue with doing packs of one or two colors to coordinate with their newer DSP offerings, otherwise I'll have to buy a couple packs of the Soft Subtles (and I have lots and lots of the other colors in that family...).

So that's it for me today.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Tall Tales Alphabet
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Midnight Muse marker
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Midnight Muse, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Best Year Ever DSP
Accessories:  1 3/4" circle punch, Layering Circles Framelits

No comments: