Thursday, February 2, 2017

Speed Stamping

May I present to you the five-minute wonder card:


Okay, let's be honest--this would have been a two-minute wonder card except I kept stopping to stuff my face with Teddy Grahams while making it.  (And if you had a box of Teddy Grahams on *your* craft table, you would have been doing the same thing, am I right?)  So anyway, my hubs' birthday is ON Valentine's Day, which he hates, but maybe he'll forgive me for making him a Valentiney birthday card this year.  I thought about adding more details to this card, but in the end I think it works the way it is.  Dudes don't need a lot of froofy details, or at least my dude doesn't.

I started with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

Then I thought of the Retro Rubber Challenge to use hearts:



Their rules are that you use at least one stamp that's older than a year, and sure my heart isn't a stamp BUT I've had Teeny Tiny Wishes since 2009, so it's very retro (I think the only current set I have that's older---maybe the ONLY current set that's older!--is Lovely as a Tree).  I got Timeless Textures last summer so it's not quite a year old yet but hey, average it out :)

Last up is the color challenge from Color Throwdown:


I used Real Red, Pink Pirouette, and Chocolate Chip for my SU! colors.  This card could not have been faster unless I put the Teddy Grahams down.  But for now I'm going to go back downstairs and work on another scrapbook layout and eat some more Teddy Grahams.  Because yum.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Timeless Textures, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Real Red
Accessories:  Sunshine Wishes Thinlits

10 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Christy Lynn, this card is CAS perfection! I love your color combination and the fun sketch was perfect for your hubby's BD card. And 3 extra minutes to eat yummy cookies, I am totally with ya there! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Neva Cole said...

Yep, my dude doesn't need lots of fruffy layers either, he prefers the CAS version as well! Glad the teddy grams didn't keep you from being creative! Thank you for playing along at Retro Rubber!

Jan Clothier said...

Oh my word - I love your "froofy details" comment - such an excellent description! I also love the simplicity and elegance of your card. I think you're right that it needed nothing else. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for this challenge.

Jeanne H said...

What a wonderful CAS card. Well done!

creative lady said...

Lovely CAS card! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber challenge!

Katy McGloin said...

This card could not be more perfect for a non-fruffy husband's birthday/valentine celebration, Christy Lynn! The heart is perfect especially against the dotted background! Looks like I must look into Teddy Grahams... is it like graham crackers? My fave last night was peanut butter pretzels!! So glad that you included Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this challenge. Always glad to see you in the gallery!!

Christine Traversa said...

Your CAS card rocks! Soooo inspiring! Simple is my fav!! Thanks so much for doing the RR challenge.

Karren said...

Such a gorgeous crisp and CAS card and definitely doesn't need any froofery - looks perfectly fabulous froofy-free - that is such a mouthful :) Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Claire Grantham said...

Clever birthday / valentine combo Christy, I love the subtle background. I do not know what Teddy Grahams are, but I am going to find out and get a box..Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

LeAnne said...

Such a fun background for your big bold heart!