Thursday, February 9, 2017

Travel by Hot Air Balloon

If you're counting, Baby Sodapop is now five days overdue.  Grr.

So as I was trying to get to sleep last night, I was thinking about card designs using this week's Freshly Made Sketch and my plan was to use the food truck from Tasty Trucks in the Sale-a-Bration catalog.  And then I fell asleep and had a dream that hubs and I were traveling all over via hot air balloon, so instead this is the card I made today:


In the dream, we were traveling to Alaska, and I think a hot air balloon would really not be a great mode of transportation in the Great White North but since when do things make sense in dreams.  So here's the sketch:


And I paired it with the Color Throwdown:


I used Tangerine Tango, Bermuda Bay, and Basic Black for my card.  I like that cloudy pattern from the Cupcakes & Carousels DSP for this card.

That's it for me today,  y'all.  Maybe the full moon tonight will convince Sodapop it's time to make his debut?  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lift Me Up
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black
Paper:  Basic Black, thick Whisper White, Cupcakes & Carousels DSP
Accessories:  Up & Away Thinlits, Dimensionals, Rhinestones

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Beautiful Cards! I love the colors! The stamps are adorable!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card Christy! I love those hot air balloons! Great background paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

Fun card and great use of the sketch and colors!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Kim S said...

Such fun balloons and perfect paper in the background. I love how your clouds are the little flag elements in the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Tanya said...

I hope your month away means that your little guy arrived! Hope all is well!!