Monday, October 9, 2017

Castell Coch

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I've got a busy day ahead:  have to clean up the house and bake a few things because I'm hosting book club tonight.  So why did the hubs and I choose to take apart the couch yesterday, clean the cushions and restuff them?  Whoops.

So anyway, today's scrapbook layout is one that took like two weeks to finish for no particular reason.  It just took forever for me to get from the start to the end, but I like how it turned out.


Photos here.  Castell Coch means "Red Castle" in Welsh; we heard it was because a former owner of said castle had red hair, though Wikipedia thinks that it's because the sandstone used to build it is kind of reddish.  Either way, I had to use Ruby Red for my page base because reasons.


I've been using Jayne's Type Alphabet (usually along with Rough Type) for the titles on all my Welsh pages.  I've done ten Wales layouts and I still have five to go.  We saw a lot of castles in Wales.  Anyway, my Ruby Red pad is pretty old (obviously, since the color retired quite a long time ago) so I hit it with some ink refill before I stamped the title and it worked like a champ.  Oh, part of the reason why it took so long to finish this layout:  I stamped the square embellishments and punched them out with a 5/8" square punch.  Did I have a 3/4" square punch to mat with?  Noooooo.  I tried cutting 3/4" squares with my paper trimmer, but I always got them a little lopsided and my crafty OCD was not okay with that.  This is why Amazon Prime is a really, really dangerous thing for me.  Got the punch two days later and voila!  Finally finished.


Today's color combo:  Ruby Red, Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Basic Gray, and Whisper White.  Sometimes I get stuck on one color and use it on several layouts in a row; this time it was Ruby Red and I did SIX layouts with it over three different places/events.  I also used the Ginger Blossom DSP on all of them too.  The other five layouts are going in my China albums though.

That's it for me today.  I'm off to bake an apple cake because happily the hubs has the day off work so HE can watch the baby while I bake.  Then we have to put the couch back together.  Cheers!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Jayne's Type Alphabet, Hello Lovely
Ink:  Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi
Paper:  Ruby Red, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Ginger Blossom DSP
Accessories:  Square punches

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Pretty pictures! This looks like a neat castle to visit!!! It's not just ruins and the style is different from those in England. I like it!