Friday, October 27, 2017

Hey, Friend: Fall Edition

Howdy, folks!  How's your Friday morning going?  After my complaining earlier this week, it's *finally* starting to feel a little like fall here.  Color me thrilled!


I think I've said before that fall cards might be my very favorite thing to make.  The inspiration for this one came from the new challenge at Fusion:


I loved those fall leaves on the blue background, so I tried to kinda recreate that on my card.  I also dyed half my fingers blue in the process--it got all around one of my fingernails too so that ain't coming out for a day or two.  I spritzed water on glossy white cardstock and dripped some ink refill on it, then spritzed some more to make the background.  Messy, but fun.

I also used the sketch from Sunday Stamps:


I didn't have a recipient in mind when I made this, but I was talking to my friend Tiana last night and our friend Sarah's husband just deployed, so she'll be the one getting this in the mail.  And probably cookies, because I just got the Sally's Cookie Addiction cookbook and I need an excuse to try out a recipe or three.  (I already tried the giant M&Ms cookies.  Uhhh....they're gone.  And I need to be spending more time at the gym.)

That's it for me today, folks.  Have a fantabulous day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Colorful Seasons, Orange Blossom
Ink:  Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango
Paper:  Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze, Glossy White, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Seasonal Layers Framelits, Dimensionals, White baker's twine

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oooo, the background makes it look cold!!! It would work with white snowflakes, too!!! I LIKE IT! Fall is hands-down my absolute favorite time of the year. I loved it when I started school for the new year and the air outside would be a little crisp -- and the smell. There was just something about the scent in the air at that time of year. Then we'd start getting the little crunch of frost under our shoes in the mornings. Yep, Fall is awesome.

GREAT CARD!

Monika Reeck said...

the background is adorable loveeee it much
and love your added of the red on this card
lovely all blue colors on your card and great used our sketch this time
Many thanks to joining with us this time at Sunday Stamps
hugs
Monika (DT)