Monday, October 30, 2017

Tiananmen Square

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Well, I got my wish for fall weather...it's much cooler today than it was last week, and it rained most of the night.  But I was happy to dress Ryan and me in long sleeves this morning!  We're going to Home Depot and the grocery store this morning.

But before that, scrapbook pages!


More China pages (I'm over halfway done with my China pages!), and the photos are here. We had a terrible tour guide in Beijing, and he told us NOTHING about Tiananmen Square.  Even leaving out the student demonstrations and subsequent massacre in 1989, he didn't tell us any of the history of the square...someone did ask him about the massacre but he refused to respond.  Can't blame him for that one though because the square is obviously under heavy surveillance and all mention of that incident is still heavily censored by the Chinese government.


My Bravo Burgundy ink pad has succumbed to The Dreaded Gold Sheen, so I really wondered how I would be able to stamp the peonies for this layout (so I looked it up, and peonies are actually a traditional floral symbol of China, so they're appropriate for here), but I was blog surfing and someone had posted stuff about using baby wipes as an ink pad and I was like DUH, I HAVE A BABY WHICH MEANS I HAVE BABY WIPES!!!  Luckily I also have a Bravo Burgundy ink refill.  Next time I do an SU! order I might get some of the uninked spots so I can make my own little Bravo Burgundy ink pad, and toss the infected pad.  I don't use this color a whole lot, but enough that I do still want an ink pad that works.


Second Tiananmen Square layout!  I'm experimenting with a bit of "white" space here--that's why I left the blank bit on the right page.  Trying to remind myself that I don't have to fill every available square inch with stuff.


Today's rather autumnal color palette:  Bravo Burgundy, Marigold Morning, Sahara Sand, Bordering Blue, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla.  And on that note, I think it's time to get Ryan out the door to run errands before it starts raining again.  Cheers!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type, Pretty Peony
Ink:  Bravo Burgundy, Marigold Morning, Sahara Sand, Mellow Moss, Early Espresso
Paper:  Bravo Burgundy, Bordering Blue, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Four Seasons DSP
Accessories: lettering template

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Just sling that bebe over your shoulder and away you go!!! Ha! I'm cracking up with a visual image of that -- my daughter who never wanted a baby. And now it's just as natural as it can be.

Interesting colors here, Kik. Looks good with the subject matter for sure. LOVE IT!