Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Always Always Always

Mornin', y'all!  How's your Tuesday going?

Mine is pink.


Powder pink, with a side of Melon Mambo and some Rich Razzleberry just for funzies.  What do you think of my Valentine?  I stamped the "Always" three times and it's supposed to get lighter toward the right, not sure if that really came out how I was intending but oh well.

I used this sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping:


And paired it with the theme challenge from the Paper Players:


This card would have been done in under 10 minutes if I hadn't decided to inlay the heart.  It just felt a little too busy to leave the die cut heart open, so I cut another one from Powder Pink cardstock and inlaid all the fiddly little bits so it looks cleaner.  I always forget what a pain that is to do until I'm in the thick of it, but I do like how it turned out.

As usual, Ryan and I are about to go to the gym.  Wish me luck on the treadmill.

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sunshine Sayings
Ink:  Melon Mambo
Paper:  Powder Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Painted with Love DSP, gold foil
Accessories:  Sunshine Wishes Framelits

8 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh, that is very nice. LOVE those colors together and the heart is fabulous. I love these simple shapes -- hearts and stars are my favorite. Wearing my stars and stripes tennis shoes today with my stars earrings. Last night at The Moody Blues concert, I was wearing my treble cleff necklace and earrings and someone noticed them! Great concert -- we had a great time, but I'm working on less than 5 hours of sleep this morning, and that's not good! Have a wonderful day. LOVE the card!

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely! I think the time and effort of inlaying the scribbly heart was well worth it - but I'll bet it wasn't easy! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

ElizStewart said...

I think your sentiment turned out great. I am so loving your sketchy heart die... I have to check that out at Stampin Up. BTW... the inlaid was worth it! Every card that I have seen made with this heart...is fabulous! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

Marianne said...

lovely card Christy

CCsMom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, by the way!!!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is a fun card...I've never seen that CAS challenge site, so that was an added bonus! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the inlaid heart Christy - worth the extra effort! Thanks for joining my challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Natasha said...

Gorgeous! Love the gold word!