Thursday, January 4, 2018

Wonderful Dragonfly Friend

Sooo we got some snow last night.  Not, like, a ton of snow, but enough that hubs is on a two-hour delay for work.  So he goes out to shovel the snow out of the driveway in case kiddo and I want to go anywhere later today and then...the garage door won't shut.  He was able to manually shut it, but now it won't open again so even with the driveway shoveled, I won't be going anywhere.  He's been working on it for the last ten minutes and...well it sounds like now maybe it works?  I probably still won't go anywhere just in case!

So.  On to today's card!


You may notice I haven't been using anything from the brand new Occasions catalog or Sale-a-Bration...well, I didn't do the preorder.  I did order some things yesterday, so I can start playing with new schtuff in about a week.  In the meantime, I still love the stamps I already have and this dragonfly is pretty awesome.  And hey look!  You can kinda tell that I put Wink of Stella on his wings!


Here is this week's Fall-To Layout from Clean & Simple Stamping.  It's sort of similar to yesterday's Freshly Made Sketch but this layout is such a classic.


The challenge from Inkspirational right now is to just use stamps, ink, and paper--no fancy dies, or patterned paper, or stuff like that.  Oooookay I just remembered that I used a bit of linen thread and the aforementioned Wink of Stella, but based on their design team's cards I think mine will be allowed.

Okay, time to get the kiddo up.  Y'all stay warm.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Dragonfly Dreams, Timeless Textures
Ink:  Pool Party, Tranquil Tide
Paper:  Pool Party, Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Linen thread, Wink of Stella pen, Dimensionals

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

LOVE those colors with the dragonfly!!! Great choice.

Hope you DON'T go out today. You never know when you'll hit a patch of ice. I've seen a few spots here lately, but I think with the thawing yesterday, we'll be fine now. We were below freezing this morning, but we'll be back up this afternoon. Going out to rake the leaves and hope this is the last time. Dad took down the Christmas lights on the outside and I took the ornaments off the kids' trees. Still have to put the decorations away that were out on the shelves.

Hope you have a wonderful day with little Mr. and good luck on the house!!! Sounds exciting!

Shauna said...

What a lovely dragonfly! I like your fun design and the use of stamps for the backgrounds. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Natasha said...

Such a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing!!

Marianne said...

pretty card, i like this color combination