Friday, January 19, 2018

Snowman Friend

Happy Friday, y'all!  And also surprise!  I did NOT use Magical Day for my card today.


Instead here's a happy little snowman!  I really need to do better about taking pictures in the afternoon rather than in the morning, the lighting isn't great on this.  Those sequins are silver, by the way.  The colors on the snowman came out more muted than I really intended, so I finally retired (read: tossed) my blender pen that I've had since I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator over ten years ago.  Yeah, I think it was time for it to retire.

Anywha, for today's card I started with the Color Throwdown challenge:


I used Baja Breeze (sadly retired) and Crumb Cake for my colors.  Couldn't resist busting Baja Breeze out when I saw this picture, and I love that snowflake paper (happily, I have a LOT of it too!) that has made more than one appearance on scrapbook pages over the years.  This color combination seemed like a natural fit with the Cupcake Inspirations theme challenge:


Winter!  Most of our snow melted yesterday but it's still cold outside.

Finally I used this week's Fall-To Layout from Clean & Simple Stamping:


I even dusted off my Top Note die for my card.  The stamps are all current, even if the patterned paper and die aren't.  And the friend I want to send this to won't care if it's all current stuff anyway :p

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Seasonal Chums, Orange Blossom
Ink:  Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Emerald Envy, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP
Accessories:  Top Note Die, Seasonal Tags Framelits, Metallic Sequins, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Marianne said...

beautiful card, great take on the sketch

Wanda Cullen said...

The top note die and Baja Breeze paper are two blasts from the SU past and two of my old favorites! Love your card snow much! :-) Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

Unknown said...

Super cute winter card. Thank you for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges!
Danijela-DT

Natasha said...

Love this! I too love Baja Breeze- and that paper you used was one of my favorites!