Friday, December 7, 2018

Visions of Sugarplums

Happy Friday, y'all.  This week just 'bout done did kilt me...I haven't been sleeping well and Sadie keeps waking me up in the middle of the night to let her out again.  So yeah, I'm tired.  I didn't get to take a nap at the same time as Ryan yesterday because it was a short one before we took Sadie to the vet, so I used that time to make a card to share today.


I got rid of a bunch of my old ribbon last year and I wish I hadn't gotten rid of the Early Espresso ribbon I was looking for and I ended up with this Chocolate Chip ribbon instead.  Oh well!

Here's this week's Fall-To Layout:


And the Paper Players theme challenge:


And finally the Retro Rubber Challenge:


Looks to me like the snowman is holding a cookie, so that's what I focused on for my card.  Candy Cane Christmas (my stamp set) is two years old, I rather thought it was older but that's okay.  The most retro item on here is the scissors I used for the scalloped border.  I've had those since wayyyy before I started stamping.  Like, the 90s.  They're at least two DECADES old!

Anyway, hope y'all have a great weekend.  Cheers!

Supplies, almost all SU!
Stamps:  Candy Cane Christmas
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Candy Cane Lane DSP
Accessories:  Chocolate Chip ribbon, fancy scissors from Fiskars

6 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

You've done a great job on stamping yourself up some personalised DSP, tired or not! Thank you for joining in with us at both Retro Rubber Challenge and The Paper Players.

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, So sorry you aren't getting any rest.! Your card is adorable! Love the background you created! Such a fun Christmas card. So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your stamped pattern of festive shapes with your striped border Christy - you have my sympathies, I am not good without sleep! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love, love how you created this beautiful card front, looks just like DSP, perfectly balanced, each image is beautifully stamped.
Hope you can rest up a bit, I don't know how old is your puppy but yes, been there, done that too.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again next time.
XO

Natasha said...

Oh I love this! The stamped patterned paper is amazing!!

Claire Grantham said...

Love love this, so pretty, I want to unwrap it and see what is inside!! I love the colours you have chosen, and don't you hate it when you get rid of something out of your stash that suddenly you need! Thanks for joining the last Retro Rubber challenge of 2018, hope to see you again in 2019. Claire DT