Thursday, December 13, 2018

Sweet Mrs. Claus Bakes Cookies

Mornin' kids!  I tell you what, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in my craft room...this is my fourth Christmas card in a row and I've pulled out a bunch of pictures from Christmas past to work on scrapbooking.  But for now, card!


I decided Mrs. Claus needed some inky love and it just seemed natural to pair her with the candy and cookies from the retired Candy Cane Christmas, which was on my mind after last week's card.  I'm planning to make cookies to give to the three ladies who run the nursery at the Y and watch my kiddo while I work out every day (along with a mug for each of them and some hot cocoa mix and probably some of the hot cocoa flavor Hershey's Kisses because I wasn't a big fan of those so I need to get rid of them and hey, they go with the theme here).  So maybe I'll use this card for one of the ladies in the nursery.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I almost went with snowflakes from Snow is Glistening, but in the end the Color Throwdown persuaded me to go with Mrs. Claus and her cookies instead:


I had planned to use Real Red and Call Me Clover for the first two colors, but I couldn't resist that Poppy Parade striped paper with the white flocking and it turns out I don't have the Call Me Clover Stampin' Blends yet so I went with Shaded Spruce instead.  Still need to work on my blending skills on her dress, though I thought her hair turned out okay.  I decided to go with Crumb Cake for her hair instead of gray because it fit better with the color challenge.

That's it for me today, folks.  Hope you have a sweet day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Signs of Santa, Candy Cane Christmas
Ink:  Poppy Parade, Shaded Spruce, Crumb Cake, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Poppy Parade, Shaded Spruce, Crumb Cake, and Petal Pink
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Thick Whisper White, Santa's Workshop DSP
Accessories:  Santa's Signpost Framelits, Dimensionals, Tailored Tag punch

5 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Really cute take on the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

Amy O said...

Mrs. Claus looks perfect paired with the Christmas treats. And I love the red and white striped paper. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Cute as can be!

Broni said...

Such a cute and "sweet" card Christy! Thanks for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jen Timko said...

She is just adorable! Glad to see you this week at FMS and thanks for entering the DT call!