Thursday, December 20, 2018

I Think I Need a Tropical Vacation

Hey kids, how's your day going?  This week is just crazy here, which is a big part of why I haven't been posting this week, but I finally got a card made to share today!


It's been a while since I inked up Tropical Chic, so this was fun.  I only used one stamp set on this card, but I made up for it by using three different sets of dies.  Oh, it looks like the embossed texture on the leaves doesn't show up as well as it could, but at least you can see the Wink of Stella glitter on the flowers!

I started with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And added the Global Design Project color challenge:


I can't help it, every time I see Granny Apple Green in a color challenge, I immediately think of the Tropical Escape DSP.  I like that the DSP has different values of the color, too, so I have light, medium, and dark green but it's all one color.  My flowers are different values too; I stamped one with full-strength ink and the other one I inked up with a sponge dauber so it's a slightly lighter color.

I'm also entering this at SUO Challenges for their Designer's Choice challenge.  It was fun to do something more summery for today's card.

That's it for me, kids.  We've got a busy day ahead so Imma get to it!  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Tropical Chic
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Poppy Parade
Paper:  Pool Party, Granny Apple Green, Thick Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Nature's Roots Framelits, Tropical Thinlits, mini Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet tropical card! I needed to look at that on this freezing day in NY!

Jen Brum said...

What a great car! I love the tropical theme! That set is one of my favourites! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Julia said...

Love Love Love! The wink of stella looks AWESOME!! What a fun gorgeous summery card. Perfect for our Designer Choice challenge. So glad you joined the fun with us at SUO Challenges.