Thursday, December 6, 2018

Climbing the North Pole

Hey, kids!  This week has been crazy.  I've got doctor's appointments today for both Ryan and one of our dogs and yesterday we spent the day going to the Y and then driving 90 miles round trip to go to Kohl's.  (I do love Kohl's.) But I finally got a card made to share today and I think it's pretty stinkin' cute.


I loooooooooove the Signs of Santa stamp set and I swear if we had a sign like that, my little elf would be finding a way to climb on top of it, which was my inspiration along with the latest Freshly Made Sketch:


They're also doing a DT call, and I would love to be on their team!  I play along almost every single week unless I go out of town or something.

Also looking for new DT members are the folks at SUO Challenges, who are running an anything Christmas challenge.

That goes along with the theme challenge at Global Design Project:


I used the colors from this week's Color Throwdown:


Cheating a tiny bit and counting the elf's skin as the top color, which was a dark Petal Pink Blends marker, and then I used Poppy Parade, Old Olive, and Smoky Slate for the other colors.

Last but not least is the challenge from What Will You Stamp?:


As I said, I love this stamp set so I *had* to play along in this challenge.

Have a great day, peeps!  And please send us good vibes for the kid and the dog, who are both feeling a little poorly.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Signs of Santa
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Petal Pink, Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Smoky Slate, and Crumb Cake
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, Under the Mistletoe DSP
Accessories:  Santa's Signpost Framelits

9 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh, Ryan is STILL sick? Poor baby. Hope the dog (Vader?) is doing OK, too.

LOVE the plaid!!! Great card. Are you making your Christmas cards this year?

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card Christy! I love that little elf! Great colouring! The plaid is fantastic too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fun take on the sketch! The elf is so cut and I love how he looks on the plaid background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this cute guy.....and the plaid background is great!

WWYS Blog said...

Love how you made your street post into a "north pole" for this card Christy! Thanks for joining us again this week at WWYS Challenge Blog!

Jen Timko said...

Just adorable!! Love that plaid as a background for this fun fellow. So glad to see you this week at FMS and thanks for entering our DT call!

Kelly S said...

How adorable! I love the way you used those festive colors... and that sweet elf!

Broni said...

Adorable, Christy!!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Hey Christy...I LOVE this adorable card and how you incorporated the DSP into your perfectly colored image. Thank you so much for joining us at SUO Challenges. We have a new challenge today and hope to see you. Merry Christmas!