Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Baby Love!

Mornin' y'all!  I must admit, I've lately been obsessed with a new project--I'm stitching Disney Princess bookmarks for my friend Tiana and her girls so I've been concentrating on those (since...Sunday) and not wanting to do anything else.  BUT!  A friend announced her pregnancy on Facebook this weekend so I decided to make a card for her.  And just because I can (and I love these feets), I broke out some older retired stamps for this card.


The Gingham Gala paper and the ribbon are new (though sadly the ribbon pack is no longer available, it was a super-popular Sale-a-Bration option apparently) but like I said, the stamps are old.  But I don't know that there will ever be a more perfect baby card stamp than those feets, I just love 'em.  I took my color combo from the ribbon and paper:  Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, and Grapefruit Grove.  Grapefruit Grove is kinda pinkish, but it's not a frilly girly pink to me if that makes sense, so I think this works as a gender-neutral baby card.  I hope.

I used this week's sketch from Global Design Project:


And the theme challenge at Retro Rubber:


I admit that I'm stretching their theme just a teensy bit but I was singing "Baby Love" to myself the whole time I was making it so I hope that the kind ladies at Retro Rubber will forgive me.  I *did* use ribbon, and the card does say love on it ;). I got Baby Prints in 2012, so it's 7 years old now, and Beyond the Basics is even more retro since I've had it since 2008.  Labeler Alphabet is just one year old so it's a relative baby in my craft room.

Ryan and I are off to the gym today and maybe I'll get to try out my new BlueTooth wireless headphones that hubs gave me for my birthday.  I was supposed to test-drive them yesterday but I lost my brain and left the headphones at home when I went to the gym.  Sigh.  Today is a new day though!

Cheers, y'all!  Don't forget your headphones.

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  Baby Prints, Beyond the Basics, Labeler Alphabet
Ink:  Lemon Lime Twist, Grapefruit Grove
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Thick Whisper White, Gingham Gala DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Sale-a-Bration ribbon, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Oh Christy, I reckon you fit the love brief! I love those little feet and the way you've paired them up with that ever so sweet DSP and ribbon. It's just lovely. Thank you for joining in with us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Neva Cole said...

What a fun card to send to your friend to celebrate the new love that will enter they lives! Those tiny feet are perfect and the ribbon finishes the card nicely. It is always nice to see your creations in our gallery at Retro Rubber. Thanks for playing along!

Claire Grantham said...

This is gorgeous Christy, I love the colours and it's such a nice modern baby card. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT