Monday, January 7, 2019

Friendship

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I was looking through all my draft posts of scrapbook pages (happily, I have quite a few from which to choose) and I came across this one from January of 2016, when my friend Tiana flew out to spend a few days with me and our friend Sarah happened to come in on a business trip at the same time.


Tiana and I went to Hillwood Estate in DC, which was pretty amazing.  It was owned by Marjorie Post (as in Post Cereal) and she was an avid collector of art.  Never thought I'd see a Faberge egg in person!  The estate was also having an exhibit of Marjorie's evening gowns which was fun to see.


A few pictures on the grounds of the estate, and then the only picture that Tiana and I got with Sarah since they only overlapped in DC for a short time.  Sarah loves polar bears, so we made sure to make polar bear cupcakes just for her.


Today's color palette includes Powder Pink, Soft Sky, Berry Burst, and Tranquil Tide.  You wouldn't think those colors would go together, but I think the layout pulls it off nicely.  It was the orchids that inspired me.

Hope your week is off to a great start, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artistically Asian
Ink:  Powder Pink, Tranquil Tide, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Powder Pink, Tranquil Tide, Berry Burst, Whisper White, Color Theory DSP, Naturally Eclectic DSP
Accessories:  Rose Garden Thinlits, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits

No comments: