Thursday, June 13, 2019

Broken Elbow

Hey y'all!  I've been working hard on scrapbook pages this week, which is why I had no card to post yesterday.  But over the weekend one of my honorary nieces fell off her bike and broke her elbow, so I needed a card to send her.


The idea of an octopus card for a broken elbow just amused me, so I went with it.  I wish the sentiment was a wee bit smaller, I think the card feels kinda crowded but Abby is 8 so she won't care :)  I used the latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


And the color challenge from Global Design Project:


I inked up Gus (the octopus) with Pineapple Punch ink, then used a sponge dauber to add some Granny Apple Green to his arms.  I made the sea background with a sponge brayer, but I had to add a little bit of Pacific Point because the Night of Navy on its own was reading too dark and not obviously blue.  After I did the brayer, I spritzed it with water, sprinkled on some table salt, and let it dry while I worked on the other parts of the card.

And here's a sneak peek of the layout I'm working on:


I changed how the pictures are laid out, added patterned paper and photo mats, and now it's ready for some accents and journaling.  But there you can see my phone (which was playing Disney music) and up at the top my (empty) Tinker Bell tea mug, and Rapunzel my desk princess.  Oh yeah, to the left of the mug is a Maleficent Hot Wheels car...I bought it for Ryan but by the time we got home I decided it was too cool for a two-year-old so it's mine now.  Haha!  I have a collection of Maleficent swag.

Okay, enough blah-blah.  Have a great day, folks!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sea of Textures, Labeler Alphabet
Ink:  Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy, Pacific Point
Paper:  Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Crumb Cake, Shimmery White, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Under the Sea Framelits, Mini Dimensionals

2 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Ha! What a great card for someone with a broken elbow! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

This is just fun and bright and I hope it made your honorary niece smile! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!