Monday, June 17, 2019

National Zoo

Scrappy Monday y'all!  I didn't get as much scrapping done this weekend as I wanted to...I've got one layout that still needs journaling, and another one is about 75% done but I'm kinda stuck on it for accents.  I thought it was going to be a really quick one to finish, too.

But anyway!  Today I have two layouts from when we visited the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. when Ryan was tiny (I think he was 2 months old when we did this).


I think I bought the Animal Expedition DSP months before I got the Animal Outing stamp set and dies :)  But that paper was perfect for zoo pages!  I chose the Berry Burst background because my honorary niece Emma helpfully wore a bright pink sweater, and happily that's one of the colors in this particular pack of DSP.  It seems like I don't use the really bright, saturated pinks for page bases very often, so I'm excited when I do it and I like how it turns out.


So here's the color palette for the first layout:  Berry Burst, Call Me Clover, Pool Party, Crushed Curry, and Whisper White.


For the second layout, I used the same pack of DSP, but I swapped the Crushed Curry for Lemon Lime Twist (which I hope will make a reappearance in a few years when they do another color refresh, I love that color).  Honorary niece Abby helpfully wore a lime green shirt, so this really worked out perfectly for my scrapbook pages :)


And there's the second color palette:  Call Me Clover, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Pool Party, and Whisper White.

Despite not making as much progress as I wanted to over the weekend, I still have a stack of 20+ layouts that I need to take pictures of so I can share on here.  Maybe I'll get that done before the next scrappy Monday...

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, first layout:
Stamps:  Calendar Alphabet & Numbers, Broadsheet Alphabet, A Little Wild
Ink:  Berry Burst, Call Me Clover, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Berry Burst, Pool Party, Crushed Curry, Thick Whisper White, Animal Expedition DSP
Accessories:  Hexagon punch, Lots of Labels Framelits

Supplies, second layout:
Stamps:  Tropical Chic
Ink:  Call Me Clover, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Call Me Clover, Pool Party, Lemon Lime Twist, Thick Whisper White, Animal Expedition DSP
Accessories:  Tropical Thinlits

No comments: