Tuesday, June 11, 2019

SUO Challenges: Steampunk Adventure

Mornin' y'all!  It is time once more for a new challenge at Stampin' Up! Only Challenges!


This time around, we're making cards with dies, and there are a LOT of choices in the new Stampin' Up! catalog!  I wanted to make sure that dies were the main focus of my card, so I chose two sets of dies, Garage Gears and Well Written.


I love the gear dies in the Garage Gears bundle, they're great not just for car-related cards, but watches/clocks and all kinds of steampunk stuff too.  If you've never heard of steampunk, it's like a Victorian aesthetic with lots of steam-powered devices, like a Jules Verne novel.  Think deep jewel tones, lots of brass, gears and goggles, and machines like airships.  I know people who decorate their house in this style; I don't, but I've read several steampunk novels that I quite like.  So that's what I was thinking of when I made this card!  I looked through all the options for the Well Written dies and coordinating Well Said stamps, and this "Hooray! Time for a new adventure!" just seemed like the perfect fit, so I went with it.  And OH YES--I used a new color!  That's Pretty Peacock behind the copper foil gears.  Love it.

So now it's your turn!  Make a card using your favorite dies and share it with us at the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Well Said
Ink:  Pretty Peacock, Early Espresso
Paper:  Pretty Peacock, Early Espresso, watercolor paper, copper foil
Accessories:  Garage Gears dies, Well Written dies

No comments: