Sunday, August 11, 2019

First Autumn Card of the Year

Happy Sunday!  My box o' brand new Stampin' Up! goodies didn't arrive until after 5:30 on Friday afternoon, so I didn't get to ink up my new stamps until yesterday.  This was my holiday catalog preorder, so I had to make the first fall card of the year!  Lookie:


I used the new Gather Together stamp set and Come to Gather DSP for this.  You see the green pattern on the sentiment piece?  That was an accident.  For the leaf, I did a light watercolor wash, dried it with my heat tool, and then stamped the leaf outline in Mossy Meadow ink.  Well, the ink on that part wasn't dry when I ran it through my die cut machine, and it got ink on the plates, but I didn't know that until I die cut the sentiment part.  I thought it looked kinda neat, so I left it.  Oh yeah, the sentiment is cut out with the Ornate Frames dies which coordinate with a cute Halloween set (which I also bought).  Those frame dies are going to be useful for SO MUCH more than just Halloween though!

Anyway, I had to play along with the 400th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches:


I forgot the trio of embellishments in the corner, oops.  I combined that with the color challenge from Global Design Project:


I love the new Come to Gather DSP, and it has Merry Merlot and Pretty Peacock in it.

Hope y'all are having a good weekend.  I'm off to the grocery store to get food for dinner tonight...cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gather Together, Butterfly Wishes
Ink:  Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso
Paper:  Mossy Meadow, Thick Very Vanilla, Watercolor Paper, Come to Gather DSP
Accessories:  Gathered Leaves dies, Ornate Frames dies, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the great masculine feel of all your design elements! Thanks for helping us celebrate 400 at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

The new set worked perfectly with the sketch! Great card! Glad you joined us at FMS!