Tuesday, August 20, 2019

SUO Challenges Goes CAS

Hey y'all!  It's time for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This time around, the challenge is to make a Clean and Simple (CAS) card, which means limiting layers and embellishments and leaving white space.  A lot of times, CAS cards start with a white card base, but since I like to be different, I wanted to make a card with a different color for the base that's still CAS.  So here is my CAS mermaid:


I sponged Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, and Night of Navy ink on the card base, stamped some of the splatter dots in Night of Navy, then heat embossed the mermaid with Shimmer White embossing powder (that stuff is SO COOL!).  After I embossed, I decided the background needed to be a little darker, so I sponged on more Night of Navy ink...yeah, I'd recommend you do that *before* you emboss with the shimmer powder because now I've got a bunch of glitter stuck to my ink pad.  Learn from my mistakes, y'all!

Anyway, I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of Coastal Cabana, die cut it and added some rhinestones before adhering it to the card with some Dimensionals.  Voila!  A CAS card with a Coastal Cabana base and just two layers.  Three stamps, three colors of ink, and some embossing powder.

Your turn now!  Share your CAS creation on the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Magical Mermaid
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, Versamark
Paper:  Coastal Cabana
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Shimmer White embossing powder, rhinestones, Dimensionals

No comments: