Friday, August 2, 2019

Hello Rose

Mornin' y'all and happy Friday!  I have been SO tired this week but hoping that I can get back on track this weekend with sleep and everything.  Wish me luck.

While my kiddo was asleep yesterday, I made up a real quick card:


Something a little different, eh?  The only stamp I used is the "hello" from To A Wild Rose; the other pieces are die cut from the coordinating Wild Rose dies.

I was inspired by this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the colors from Color Throwdown:


I especially loved the colors on the black background, so that's why I decided to make my card the way I did.  I used Basic Black, Lovely Lipstick, Granny Apple Green, and Crumb Cake for my colors, and the Happiness Blooms enamel dots added a bit of interest to the flower center and some visual weight to the sentiment, since it's so much smaller than the other three elements.  I puffy heart love me some enamel dots, y'all.

Hope your Friday is off to a great start!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  To a Wild Rose
Ink:  Whisper White
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Lovely Lipstick, Granny Apple Green
Accessories:  White EP, Wild Rose dies, Happiness Blooms enamel dots

6 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Great card Christy! I love those bright colours! They look amazing against that black background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Judy Rozema said...

Awesome colors! So happy to see your card at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Tanya said...

I really love the bright die cuts on the black! So striking! :)

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Karren said...

This is such a striking card! Your color choices are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card and so striking against the black background! Thanks so much or joining us at CTD!