Friday, January 31, 2020

Chinchillin' Like a Villain

Happy Friday, y'all!  Hope you've had a good week.  I got a scrapbook layout finished yesterday and then had time to make a quick card with a new stamp set!


I love Witty-cisms from the Occasions catalog!  I loves me a good pun :)  This is a great all-occasion stamp set too, with stuff for graduation, retirement, baby, thank you, and more.  But I decided to start with this chinchilla after seeing the Fusion challenge:


I used a critter stamp and the colors of brown (Crumb Cake), yellow (Pineapple Punch), and green (Call Me Clover).  I colored with Stampin' Blends and voila!  Quick card.  I stamped a small flower from Free as a Bird on the Pineapple Punch stripe because of the flower in the inspiration pic.

Check out the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch:


Brian King talked about how his card was an optical illusion; all three stripes were the same height, but the middle stripe looked much shorter than the top and bottom.  Well, my yellow stripe is actually 1/4 inch TALLER than the green stripes, and it still looks shorter!  Weird, huh?

Okay, Ryan and I have an errand to run and then we're off to the Y.  I never miss yoga day if I can help it!  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Witty-cisms, Free as a Bird
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pineapple Punch, Stampin' Blends in Crumb Cake, Call Me Clover, & Pineapple Punch
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Call Me Clover, Pineapple Punch, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Really cute, made me smile - good way to wake up in the morning.

Silke Ledlow said...

Too cute! Great take on the sketch!