Thursday, January 30, 2020

Eiffel Tower CAS

Hey y'all!  How's your week going?  I haven't been getting quite as much done in my craft room as I'd like, but slow progress is better than no progress right?  I did manage to squeak out one very CAS card yesterday:


My hubs once surprised me with a trip to Paris.  (We lived in England at the time, which makes surprise trips to Paris a bit easier to manage!)  We were just talking about that trip the other day, so I think I'll sneak this into his truck before he leaves for work on his birthday, which just so happens to be Valentine's Day.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Global Design Project color combo:


I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I was also inspired by some cards that Brian King posted recently with a stamped image on top of a sponged shape.  The heart dies I used for my card are retired, but this would be super simple to replicate with current dies.  For reals, this card took me probably five minutes, and half of that was digging out my rhinestones ;)

Hope you have a great day today, peeps.  Au revoir!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Parisian Beauty
Ink:  Flirty Flamingo, Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Hearts Collection Framelits (retired), rhinestones

3 comments:

Tanya said...

This is SO pretty!

Shawn de Oliveira said...

Beautiful card. Love the heart behind Eiffel Tower. Really great composition and sentiment. Thanks for sharing with Global Design Project.

Amy O said...

That pretty sponged heart is the perfect backdrop for this fabulous CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!