Monday, January 20, 2020

Snowboarding

Scrappy Monday!  I didn't get this posted this morning because this is what happens when my hubs is home from work, he was on the computer and then I had to take Ryan to the Y so here I am now!  It is FREEZING COLD here today (yeah, the sweatshirt and sweatpants I wore over my workout gear were not sufficient against the wind today!) so I thought I'd pick some snowy pages to share.  Here's the hubs on his first snowboarding trip!


He went with a friend who taught him how to snowboard, but sometime over the weekend he fell on his shoulder and when he finally got it checked out MONTHS LATER, discovered he had fractured it.  (He says the arthroscopy to look at the injury hurt much worse than when he actually hurt it.)

I kept the pages very simple with just a bit of a pop of color on the title--I chose red to go with the marks on the snow.  I have no idea what those marks are or what they're for, I am NOT into skiing or snowboarding (leave me in the lodge with some tea or hot chocolate and a good book, please).  That lovely snowflake print and the tiny dot pattern behind the focal point photo are both from Wintergreen, one of my all-time favorite packs of DSP.  I love the current Garden Lane pack, but it doesn't have snowflakes in it :)


Today's color palette is mostly retired and that's okay.  Soft Sky, Sage Shadow, Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder, and Whisper White.

Hope your week is off to a great start, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Back to Basics Alphabet
Ink:  Watermelon Wonder, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Soft Sky, Night of Navy, Wintergreen DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: