Monday, January 27, 2020

Typhoon Shelter #2

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  So on Saturday, my surprise turned out to be lunch with the hubs (always great), and then I got a facial and a detox treatment :)  And THEN he took me to Kohl's and told me he know my clothes didn't fit anymore because I've lost weight, so he told me to get some new ones.  I got two pairs of jeans and several new bras and dang, I'm a lucky lady to be married to him!

So!  Over the weekend I finished scrapbook pages from my 30th birthday (a.k.a. my second 29th birthday) but I haven't taken pictures of them yet so instead, here's our second house in Japan.


They were renovating the houses there so we got moved out of our old one and into a newly-renovated one partway through our time in Japan.  Isn't that patterned paper FANTASTIC?  It's from the See a Silhouette DSP in the current catalog.  We jokingly called our house a typhoon shelter (hence the page title), and I liked that the paper kinda made me think of waves or a typhoon on radar.  Plus it's just gorgeous.


Today's color palette:  Poppy Parade, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, and Whisper White, which are all colors from that DSP pack though the pattern I used only features the blues.  Oddly enough, I'd chosen the colors before I picked stamps for accents, and the colors worked amazingly well for the stamp with the koi fish.

That's it for me today.  Gotta get shoes on the kiddo and head out to the Y.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Larger Than Life Alphabet & Numbers, Rough Edges Alphabet, Oriental Brushstrokes
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Poppy Parade
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Pacific Point, Thick Whisper White, See a Silhouette DSP
Accessories:  Watercolor Pencils

No comments: