Friday, July 10, 2020

Foxy Friday

Happy Friday!  Have you uploaded an animal card at the SUO Challenges blog yet?


I'm back with another animal card to inspire you!  And today I'm going retro with one of my favorite ever animal stamp sets:


Thankful Forest Friends!  The bear has made LOTS of appearances over the years on both cards and scrapbook pages, and the fox has been inked up a lot too.  (For some reason I don't use the bunny as much.)  I wasn't sure what to do for a sentiment on the card, but then I saw the May Paper Pumpkin kit stamps and ding ding ding!  LOVE ose big bold word stamps!  The outline on "hey" started out as an accident--I recently re-inked my Daffodil Delight ink pad so it's ridiculously juicy right now, and when I stamped the "hey" the edges were a little blotchy because I had puddles of ink on the stamp.  So I got my blender pen and started smoothing out the edges and I got an outline effect.  Happy little accidents, y'all!

I used the Into the Woods DSP on a scrapbook layout last week, and it was made to coordinate with Thankful Forest Friends, so I pulled my colors from that DSP though the pattern I chose only has Mossy Meadow in it.  The Rich Razzleberry panel is from another DSP pack, International Bazaar; I used it instead of another piece of Into the Woods paper because I had a scrap the right size and I didn't want to cut into a new sheet of paper.

I'm entering this at Retro Rubber:


Thankful Forest Friends is five years old, so nice and retro for their challenge :)

Hope you enjoyed this week's Creature Feature!  I had lots of fun with it, and of course I have lots and lots of animal stamps I didn't use this week so...maybe I'll do it again!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Thankful Forest Friends, My Paper Pumpkin May 2020 kit
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Tangelo Twist
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Thick Whisper White, Into the Woods & International Bazaar DSP
Accessories:  Deco Labels Framelits, Dimensionals

No comments: