Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Birthday Sunshine

Mornin' y'all!  It's funny to me that I have a sunny card to share and we're supposed to have thunderstorms all day today.  :D


I busted out the June Paper Pumpkin kit for the sun die-cut (it already had that beautiful watercolor and the gold on it!) and the "sunshine" stamp.  I still don't use nearly as much of the Paper Pumpkin kits as I should but at least I'm using some of them?

Anyway, I'm entering this card in a new-to-me challenge called Festive Friday:


I did a CAS design, single image (the sun), and a birthday theme.  I wish I'd been able to play along with the National Orange Blossom Day challenge, but I enjoyed this one too.

I chose the sun to fit in with the Global Design Project theme challenge: 


Although looking at the design team's cards, you'd think the theme was cocktails ;)

I also used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


For the rectangular layer, I scribbled on an acrylic block with a Coastal Cabana marker, spritzed with water, and stamped it on my card base.  Simple, easy, quick, and the result reminds me of a swimming pool.

Okay, kiddo wants me to go watch Brave with him.  I think his favorite character is Morddu, the demon bear.  Ha!  Cheers, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Itty Bitty Birthdays, June 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Poppy Parade, Coastal Cabana marker
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Sun die cut from Paper Pumpkin, Gold Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Beth McCullough said...

I am so glad you found us at Festive Friday! I love your CAS card! I made a card with the same sun today. Paper Pumpkin is awesome!
Blessings,
Beth McCullough
Festive Friday-DT
https://stampingmom.com

Ann Schach said...

How cute, Christy! Clean and simple perfection! I really need to break open my Paper Pumpkin because this sun is awesome! Thank you for sharing with Festive Friday! I'm glad you found us!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Congratulations! Your project was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. As a reminder, you can hop over to the challenge to grab your winners badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again really soon!