Monday, July 6, 2020

Okefenokee Swamp

Scrappy Monday, folks!  We're in Tennessee this week but I've made some cards to share this week while we're gone.  I decided to go with a theme, so welcome to the start of the CREATURE FEATURE!  Everything I share this week is going to have an animal on it, including today's scrapbook layouts :)


We're starting the week with alligators!  If you're so inclined, you can see the original pics here, here, and here. I just finished these layouts a week or two ago so they were fresh on my mind when I decided on the creature feature.  The photo of the layout came out a bit dark, sorry about that, I've never found a good place to take pictures of my scrapbook pages in this house. *shrug*  Maybe I'll have better luck at the next place.

Anyway, it seems like I use the Becky Higgins sketch book for the majority of my scrapbook layouts, but nothing in there was speaking to me for this one so I pulled out my personal sketch book.  I've got all the BH sketches in there plus lots more from Creating Keepsakes magazine (I had a subscription to that for years) and ones I came up with on my own.  I found a sketch in there really quickly that turned out to be perfect for these photos!  Once I had the sketch, the layout came together lickety-split.


My color palette is Tip Top Taupe (I love that color, it's another brown In Color that's different from anything else SU has had before or since), Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Mossy Meadow, and Pear Pizzazz.

But wait, there's more!


Audra, Frank, and I were in the swamp to do a photography workshop to learn how to take night sky photos with long exposure times, so here are my tree pictures from that.  And in keeping with the creature feature theme, I wrote about the extreme mosquito problem in my journaling :)

I used the leaves from Rooted in Nature as accents on my first layout, but I needed some larger leaves in a similar style for this one, so I pulled out the long, long, loooong-retired Lovely Leaves and French Foliage for this one.  No dies for those, so I just fussy cut the three leaves.


The color palette for the second layout is a little different:  still Tip Top Taupe, Sahara Sand, and Basic Black, but Mint Macaron and Mossy Meadow for the greens.  (Sorry again that the photo is so dark.). I've been doing a thing lately where if I have more than one layout for a specific event, I keep the same page base color and some similar elements, but I use different patterns or add different colors for subsequent layouts.  So for this one, I chose a different pattern from the Garden Lane DSP that had different greens than the first one.  They're similar enough style-wise that it's obvious they go together, but since I used different papers it's like they're siblings instead of twins :)

Have a great week, peeps!

Supplies, first layout:
Stamps:  Well-Worn Alphabet, Rough Type, Rooted in Nature
Ink:  Tip Top Taupe, Sahara Sand, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Tip Top Taupe, Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Garden Lane DSP
Accessories:  Nature's Roots dies

Supplies, second layout:
Stamps:  Lovely Leaves, French Foliage, Rooted in Nature
Ink:  Mossy Meadow, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Tip Top Taupe, Sahara Sand, Mint Macaron, Garden Lane DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: