Friday, January 29, 2021

Humming Along

Mornin', y'all!  Ryan had his second day at the babysitter yesterday and I said to heck with chores and spent most of my time in my craft room.  I had to organize some things and then I got to work on a couple of cards and then ran out of time to do any scrapping, but it feels so good to do ANY papercrafting so I'll take it.  I busted out another brand new stamp set!


I admit, I am a total sucker for hummingbird images; I buy almost every stamp set SU! comes out with that has a hummingbird (but not that one that did the weird movement thing last year because I didn't like it at all).  A Touch of Ink is one of the Sale-a-Bration offerings that you can get for free with a $100 purchase and of course I had to have it.  I started with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


It's been a minute since I got to play along with them (or anyone, really).  I was thinking of the sketch as I looked through my new stamp sets and I thought the two circular elements would work really well as the hummingbird and flower cluster, so there was my start.  I combined it with this week's Color Throwdown:


Honestly I wish I'd used a different pink to better match the inspiration picture because Petal Pink is too peachy to be a good match, but I didn't have time to redo it.  I used Petal Pink, Misty Moonlight, and Gray Granite for my colors; for the hummingbird, I inked up the fill-in stamp by sponging Misty Moonlight ink on instead of tapping it on the ink pad.  That way I got a lighter shade of the color so the outline stamp (inked twice in Gray Granite) would show up well.  No idea if there's a solid blue hummingbird out there somewhere, but I liked it :) And of course it doesn't show up at all, but I painted the hummingbird and the flower with Wink of Stella so it sparkles in real life.

Time to get some lunch for the kiddo.  Unfortunately we have to find a different babysitter now...he went to the first one for two days and she said she has to go back to the States because her aunt is dying and she's not going to reopen her in-home daycare when she comes back.  The hubs is like "Are you sure she just doesn't want to mess with Ryan?"  I mean, I don't think so....I think it was just bad luck.  My kid BETTER not be acting the fool at someone else's house...

Have a great weekend, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  A Touch of Ink
Ink:  Gray Granite, Misty Moonlight, Petal Pink
Paper:  Petal Pink, Thick Whisper White, Peony Garden DSP
Accessories:  Hippo & Friends dies, In Color Enamel Dots, Mini Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

5 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Such a lovely card Christy! I love that hummingbird! Great choice of colours and background paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Susie Moore said...

Your design is really lovely! Thank you for joining us this week at the Color Throwdown challenge.

Amy O said...

I love how you've used the two circle elements in the sketch! Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week! Good to have you back!

Lori said...

Great design! The images frame the sentiment perfectly. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Jen Timko said...

What a lovely take on the sketch. These images are so pretty. Huge fan of that background panel too. Hope finding the new sitter goes well. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!