Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Coastal Mermaid

Hey y'all, how's it going.  I managed to do some organizational work in my craft room yesterday and I made a couple of cards too :)  Still having problems getting good pictures of them though, it took me four tries to get a photo of the card to share today.



I like this little mermaid and I always want to fussy-cut her.  I used a piece of the just-retired Simply Marbleous DSP stack, which reminds me very strongly of a whole LOT of patterned paper from when I first starting scrapbooking mumbledy-mumbledy years ago.  Anyone else remember the Paper Pizzazz stuff?  I chose this pattern because I needed a Coastal Cabana background for my mermaid for the Just Add Ink color challenge:


I used those colors, plus some neutrals for her skin and hair and just a wee smidge of Just Jade for the leaves on her flower.  At the last minute I decided she needed something else, which is how I ended up with the Coastal Cabana foil circle behind her, which is part of the new Waves of the Ocean promotion.

Hope your week is off to a good start!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pirates & Mermaids
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, various Stampin' Blends
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Thick Basic White, Simply Marbleous DSP Stack, Blue Foils
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love this!! Great colors and the foil behind her is perfect!