Friday, March 25, 2022

Hippo Hooray

Hey hey, happy Friday!  I managed to get a couple of cards made yesterday on my day off so I have something to share today.


I went through the retiring list yesterday and thought I'd have some fun with retiring stamps for a while.  I almost never get rid of any stamps, once they're in my collection they stay there, but I know I tend to play with the new and current stuff more often.  It's still fun to play with my older stamps though.

These are triple challenge cards, starting with the Global Design Project theme:


I chose the rainbow paper first and the cute little hippo just seemed like a good match for it.  Next up is the Retro Rubber challenge:


I've had Hippo Happiness in my collection for a year and a half, so it counts as retro...not as retro as my Paris card since that stamp set is about 15 years old ;)  Speaking of that card, it was chosen as the winner for that challenge, thanks RRCB team!  I did try to contact you about being a guest designer for a future challenge but I didn't get a response.  My email has been a little funny lately.

Anyway, for today's cards I also used this week's Try Stamping on Tuesday challenge:


I did the card with the rainbows at the top first, and then thought maybe I should have put the pattern on the bottom so I decided to make another card.  I took the DSP left over from the first card and trimmed it...and then realized I'd automatically done 4" across instead of 4.25" like I had intended.  Oops!  Oh well.  So which do you like better, rainbows on top or rainbows on bottom?  Also this punny challenge solidified my choice to use the hippo, you know I love me a good pun :)

Anyway, I'd better get moving this morning.  Hubs and I are both off work so we're going to go explore a couple towns not too far from here over the weekend.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hippo Happiness
Ink:  Petal Pink, Magenta Madness, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Pool Party, Thick Basic White, Sunshine & Rainbows DSP Stack
Accessories:  Hippo Friends dies, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Heather said...

Ah ha, that hippo is perfect with that DSP! I just had mine out to play with the other day, too - I'll miss these dies (not that they're actually LEAVING my studio, either, lol!) A perfect marriage, Christy! So cheery! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber AND Try Stampin on Tuesday! I feel sure we'll get the guesting sorted for you!

Tanya said...

Your hippos and rainbows are a perfect match! Love the happiness! :)

Anna said...

What a cute card. Love the hippo and the pretty patterned paper-love that you were able to get two-for-one cards! Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, Design Team

Dena J said...

Charming little hippo! And such sweet and happy cards. The sketch is so perfect for a two-for and both cards are adorable. Thank you for joining the challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what an adorable card! Love how you used BOTH our Challenge parts at Try Stampin' on Tuesday to create your colorful card! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Denise Willerton said...

Don't you just love that Design Paper!!!! this little Hippo is so perfect as your focal point in the card! I love how you used the whole panel to create two cards, rather than adding to your paper stash!!! Brilliant and a super sweet card ~ thank you for joining us at TSOT ~ please do come back!!! Denise

Donna Scholz said...

Congratulations, Christy, for having your card chosen as one of our "Top 3" for Try Stampin' on Tuesday's Challenge #548! -Donna