Thursday, March 24, 2022

Hey, Good Lookin'

Hey y'all.  I have today off work (yay!) but I feel like I've been chasing my own tail today and not getting much done (boo).  Except laundry.  There's always laundry.

Anyway, I got a couple of new stamp sets today (woohoo!) and several sets of dies (more woohoo!).  It always amazes me when I see challenges that make me go whaaaaa? and I have no idea what to do and then somehow my brain kicks in and comes up with an idea.  That's pretty much what happened with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I looked at it yesterday and thought now what do I do with THAT.  I also took a peek at this week's Color Throwdown, you know how I like to combine these two challenges specifically:


And then I got the new stamp sets this morning and this happened:


Yeah, I got both What's Cookin' and Tulip Fields the day after the retiring list was published, and neither of them will be in the next annual catalog.  Oh well, my stamp collection is vast and I almost never get rid of stamp sets because I never know when one will come in useful for a scrapbook layout.  Anyway, What's Cookin' definitely came in useful today with all those long skinny shapes on the cooking implements!  Admittedly I think I should have used Old Olive instead of Just Jade for the card base, Old Olive would have matched the color swatch better, but I grabbed the Jade because I love it and it's another color in the Expressions in Ink DSP, which I am also using for the very first time today.  Oh yeah, I used Pale Papaya (paler than the orange in the color swatch), Just Jade, and Crumb Cake with some Early Espresso for contrast.  If you can't see it, I used a Stampin' Blend to color in the stamped images with Crumb Cake to hit all the challenge colors.  I like the splattery DSP with this because that's pretty much what my kitchen looks like every time I cook.

Okay, the washer's about to finish another load and I have a list of things I need to get done today.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  What's Cookin'
Ink:  Just Jade, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake Blend
Paper:  Just Jade, Thick Basic White, Expressions in Ink Specialty DSP
Accessories:  Cookin' dies, Stitched Rectangles dies, Mini Dimensionals

2 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

You did a fabulous job with the sketch, Christy! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Wanda Cullen said...

Great job with combining the throwdown colors with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at CTD this week!