Friday, May 6, 2022

CAS Floral Triple Challenge

Happy Friday, y'all!  I unexpectedly have the day off so I plan to play in my craft room as much as I can. Wooo!

But first, a card for today.  And it's a triple challenge card!


Check out the Retro Rubber challenge:


I did the left column, watercolor + flowers + die cut.  I did a very fast watercolor wash on the card base (had to be super quick to get this done before I had to leave to pick Ryan up the other day) and added some splat stamps for a bit of extra texture.  I've had Art Gallery for over a year, Painted Poppies is two years old, and Flowering Tulips (the sentiment) isn't retro...yet.

Here's this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

And the Color Throwdown:


I used Mint Macaron, Sweet Sorbet, So Saffron, and Night of Navy, though the sentiment looks black in the photo I promise it's navy.  Kinda wish I'd used a different blue.  Also I really thought the second color here looked like Cajun Craze, but the challenge write-up said "strawberry", so I figured that was a good reason to use the new Sweet Sorbet.  It's very pretty and I also covered it in Wink of Stella because why not?

Hope you have a great Friday, peeps.  I'm going to go be productive!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Art Gallery, Painted Poppies, Flowering Tulips
Ink:  So Saffron, Mint Macaron, Sweet Sorbet, Night of Navy
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Floral Gallery dies, Dimensionals, rhinestones, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Claire Grantham said...

I love your card, well done with the triple challenge combo! That is so hard to do. Your flower is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful floral design and a great way to highlight the throwdown colors! Way to rock all three challenges! Thanks for joining us this week at CTD!

Broni said...

Just beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown.

Cécile RIBON said...

This bold flower is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in at Freshly Made Sketches this week.