Sunday, May 15, 2022

Paper Players: Safe as Houses

Happy Sunday y'all!  You ready for a new Paper Players challenge?


This fun theme challenge is from Laurie!  Here's what I made:


And the inside:


I think my card is in CAS-Plus territory rather than strictly CAS, but this was like the third iteration of this card and I couldn't get it to work with fewer elements.  I was inspired by the colors in the challenge graphic to dig out my old Retro Fresh DSP. 

But this wasn't my first idea.

Because I saw the word "house" and my brain yelled HAUNTED.


The image is so big that there really isn't much white space that's the hallmark of CAS, and I didn't want to get fired from the Paper Players for having wacky ideas ;) so I made the other card.  But yep, I was over here making a Halloween card in May.  That's how I roll.

Hope you'll join in the fun at the Paper Players blog this week.  Cheers!

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  From Our House to Yours
Ink:  Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Thick Very Vanilla, Coastal Cabana, Retro Fresh DSP
Accessories:  Stitched So Sweetly dies, Dimensionals

Supplies, Halloween card:
Stamps:  House of Haunts, Best of Halloween
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Old Olive, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Cutest Halloween DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Border Basics dies, Black EP, White EP, Dimensionals, chalk marker

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )



7 comments:

LeAnne said...

LOL, I love BOTH of them! I make Christmas cards all year long, so why not Halloween! That DSP on the first one (and your corresponding colors) were some of my FAVORITES, so I was happy to see it used! They're both great cards!

laurie said...

Cute cards! I LOVE them both!!!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh...they are both awesome, Christy! I love how you pulled the colors from the graphic on the first card. And that haunted house is absolutely fabulous! What a great job!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two for one - way ro go Christie! I love both of these cards and there's nothing like being prepared for the Halloween season! The houses on the first one look just like our badge too. Great job all round!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, your cards are fabulous! I love the Halloween card! Such a creative idea. The sentiment one the colorful one is perfect and so true! You rocked this challenge! Have a great weekend!

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love them both and I have to tell you, we must have been having a mind meld at some stage as my mind went to Halloween as well! However, I am obsessed with the wonderful sentiment of your first card and your colors perfectly match the badge that Nance produced! I love how the colors tie into the DSP that you used to ground your sentiment, too. Fabulous cards
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Can I just tell you that I LOVE that you went to a haunted house first?! That is SO awesome and I absolutely love both of your cards this week. You have totally inspired me to get my Halloween stamps out now, too. It's never too early, right? :)