Saturday, May 14, 2022

No-Stamp Saturday?

Hey peeps!  I had a good time in my craft room yesterday but I didn't ink up ANY of the new stamps I got...but I did use some of the new DSP on a scrapbook layout :)  I've been really focused on scrapping this week, I finished three layouts yesterday!  I'll have to play with the stamps whenever I have my next day off work, my scrapping muse just insisted that I make scrapbook pages yesterday.

Today's card is somewhat unusual for me, I didn't use any stamps on it.


I got those Amazing Thanks dies months ago with the Amazing Silhouettes stamp set and hadn't used them yet.  I had to use the Brilliant Wings dies for a pretty butterfly after seeing this week's Color Throwdown inspiration pic:


I used Fresh Freesia, Pretty in Pink (long retired), gold foil, and Thick Basic White.  And I used this week's Global Design Project sketch:

I let the stripey patterned paper stand in for the stripes on the sketch, and then just piled die cuts on top of it.  Oh, I sponged on some Fresh Freesia ink on the solid butterfly piece just to give the card more depth of shading on the color, with the tone-on-tone stripes.  That's the only ink I used.

Have a great Saturday, peeps.  We're going to try to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  None
Ink:  Fresh Freesia
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Pretty in Pink, gold foil, Fresh Freesia DSP
Accessories:  Brilliant Wings dies, Amazing Thanks dies, Dimensionals, Gold Glitter Enamel Dot

No comments: