Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday Flashback: Fabulous Flowers

Howdy, folks!  It's time for another Friday Flashback :)  Today's randomly-chosen stamp set is the totally awesome Fabulous Flowers.  I'm not going to share allll my cards using this stamp set because then you'd be here all day and you'd probably get bored, but I did pick out several to share.


The background on this one is stamped with the Tres Chic background stamp, which I really should break out and use again.  I think I might go ahead and unmount all my background stamps to free up a bit more space in my stamp cabinets.  Hmm.


You can't really tell from this picture, but the sentiment panel is covered with Iridescent Ice EP so it was really sparkly IRL.


Here I used just the sentiment from Fabulous Flowers along with Garden Silhouettes.


Another one covered with Iridescent Ice.


I think this one might be my favorite card I've made with Fabulous Flowers, although the sentiment is hard to read on it.  I like how the flower turned out; I stamped it in a lighter ink color and then shaded the flower petals with markers.

So that's it for the Flashback part, and here's today's new creation:


It's a fabulous bouquet.  I didn't really have a good place to put the sentiment so I'll just stamp something on the inside when I'm ready to send it off.  I used the current sketch from The Paper Players:


This is my first time playing along in one of their challenges.  The color combo is courtesy of Color Throwdown:


I really liked those colors together so I had to play along.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a fabulous weekend!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Fabulous Flowers, French Filigree (both retired)
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Dimensionals

3 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

So many beautiful cards with that stamp set! Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the flower images in the CTD colors. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I'm glad you liked the colors! Your bouquet is gorgeous... thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!