Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Think Happy Thoughts

Howdy, folks!  I've got a little 6x6 scrapbook to share with you today.  The baby shower I did for my friend Karyn was Peter Pan themed,  so one of my minions who helped on the shower suggested we make a "Happy Thoughts" book.  So I did!


My mom sent me two 6x6 albums and some Peter Pan stickers.  I couldn't get "thoughts" to fit in that teeny space (it's been a long time since I worked on a 6x6 album, they seem so tiny!) so I just split it up and called it good.


Besides, I thought splitting up the word made it more carefree and fun.  That's what I'm going with anyway.

The other 39 pages in the book are very simple:  a 3x4 piece of white paper for guests to write their happy thoughts on, a 3x3 square for their picture (we took pics of everyone at the shower), and a 2x6 piece of patterned paper.


The colors I used were Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Gumball Green, and Island Indigo.  I mixed up the combinations and layouts on each page so they've all got the same elements, but probably no two pages are exactly alike.  Pretty simple little book, and the best part is it only took me about two hours to make the whole thing!

Supplies:
Stamps:  None
Ink:  None
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Gumball Green, and Island Indigo cardstock; retired Crushed Curry & Gumball Green monochromatic DSP, Summer Smooches DSP (Island Indigo pattern), new In Color DSP stack (Coastal Cabana chevrons)
Accessories:  Sizzix alphabet, Disney stickers

No comments: