Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Royal Baby

So the Internet has been all abuzz since yesterday about the new royal baby, and since I had insomnia last night because it was too hot to sleep, I did a bit of late-night stamping and made this in honor of lil what's-his-names:


What's funny is that this card came together really fast at 11:30 last night when I couldn't seem to get any traction during normal daylight hours.  I used the color combo from Just Add Ink:


And the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


And now I have a boy baby card in my stash, which is good since I had a couple of girl baby cards and no boy ones till now even though it seems like most of the mamas I know are having boys.

It's raining this morning but inside the house at least it just feels more humid rather than cooler than yesterday.  Bleargh.  I'm ready for it to cool down a little bit!  75 would be aces.

Thanks for stopping by today and congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their new arrival :)

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Baby Tees (jumbo wheel, I unmounted it), Cuddles & Kisses
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, Early Espresso
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Afternoon Picnic DSP
Accessories:  Early Espresso button (old style, I don't have the new ones yet), linen thread, Chevron EF

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, a baby card. I'm sure many of us have been watching the news. Very cute card. Chantell JAI

Christine Blain said...

Great colours for a baby boy card! Love what you've made, Christy. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Paula Dobson said...

Oh, this colour way makes for a fabulous baby boy card!! Great idea Christy. Also a great way to fill in time waiting for sleep to come! Thanks for playing at JAI this week.

Jodene said...

I love the baby card you have created with this colour challenge, just gorgeous Christy! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink :)