Thursday, September 13, 2018

Anniversary Bouquet

Hey kids!  Well, we're hunkered down in our house and waiting for Florence to arrive, though as of yesterday afternoon it looks like she's going to visit South Carolina more than us.  Which is fine by me!  (Though I do feel sorry for South Carolina.)  But I did make a couple of cards yesterday during Ryan's nap time.


The colors in the photo are wonky, sorry about that, it was late afternoon when I took the photo and in this house morning is a better photo time (but that usually doesn't work with Ryan's schedule).  The flower colors are Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, and a little bitty bit of Poppy Parade.  Anyway, I like how this card turned out but I would NOT want to try to mass-produce it.  It was a LOT of cutting on the Big Shot, and then a lot of fiddly gluing.  The larger flowers have rhinestone centers, and each of the three smaller flowers has a teeny Calypso Coral sequin in the center.

Let's check out some challenges!  First up is the Inkspire Me challenge:


I wish I'd made my panels a bit smaller to match the sketch a bit better, but I didn't think about it until I had half the card glued together.  The bouquet on my card is taking the place of the bow on the sketch.

Next up is the Just Add Ink challenge:


This one has already closed out, unfortunately.  Curses Australia time!!

And finally the SUO Challenge this week is to make a card for a celebration, and I think an anniversary fits that description.

Stay safe, friends.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beautiful Bouquet
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Shaded Spruce, Whisper White
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Shaded Spruce, Granny Apple Green, Thick Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP
Accessories:  Bouquet Bunch Framelits, Dimensionals, rhinestones, Iridescent Sequins

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

I like the band that keeps the bouquet together. Very cool! Love the colors, too. Very nice card.

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Its clean and fresh.

Heather said...

This is a really beautiful card! Great job. I've never commented before, but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. I've been following it for years. I love to travel and also love scrapbooking, so I really LOVE seeing your scrapbook pages. Thanks for sharing!

Julia said...

Totally awesome. Love the colours, love the DSP, love the layout. So many oerfect details. So glad you joined the fun at SUOChallenges.

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

LOVE THIS! Your colors with the DSP worked perfectly. Great design! Thank you so much for joining us at Stampin' Up! Only Challenges. A new challenge has been posted today and we hope that you will participate!