Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Gone Batty

Okay you're going to laugh but the day before the hurricane hit I was quite happy to discover that my Stampin' Up! order arrived (plus some hand-dyed cross stitch fabric) so I have a few new goodies to play with.  And I'm in LOOOOOOOOVE with the Spooky Sweets stamp set and bat punch!


Aaaaaaaahhhhh I love those bats.  And the fonts on the sentiment.  And that texture stamp I used on the Mango Melody strip.  And I always love a matching punch!

Check out the colors at the Inkspire Me Challenge:


I haven't played too much with Mango Melody since it debuted, so I was happy to pair it with my new Halloween stamps.  I added some Smoky Slate to the color palette but in general you can add neutrals to color challenges :)

In addition to the colors, I used the sketch from Fusion:


I love that inspiration picture, but my new bat buddies won out over doing a Lemon Zest card this time.

Stay cool, kids.  See you here tomorrow...same bat time, same bat channel!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Spooky Sweets
Ink:  Mango Melody, Night of Navy
Paper:  Night of Navy, Mango Melody, Smoky Slate, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Spooky Bats punch, Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

So cool!!! Love the bats. Would look good with black bats on a yellow moon, too! The colors you used are gorgeous!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable! Love the colors!