Friday, September 14, 2018

Country Blessings

Happy Friday, y'all!  Hope things are going okay for you.

Today is a maiden voyage for the stamp set Country Home that's in the Holiday Catalog.  Take a looksie!


Just three simple strips of cardstock on the left, and a stamped image and sentiment on the right.  I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink so I could watercolor without the ink running.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I went with Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, and Old Olive for my colors.  There's an old pack of DSP called Summer Picnic with these colors (well, minus Crumb Cake I think) but I think they're definitely fall colors when they're all together.  Bring on the fall stuff!!!!  I'm ready for pumpkin spice EVERYTHING, although I was a bit surprised to see pumpkin spice dog treats at Petsmart this week.  Like dogs care about pumpkin spice season.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Country Home
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Balmy Blue
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red
Accessories:  chalk marker

7 comments:

CCsMom said...

OK, so you still have power?

Very pretty card. LOVE the fall colors. I am SO READY for fall.

Linda Callahan said...

Love the bold stripes with that sweet bouquet! I love fall too! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love how the stripes pull together the colors from the image! Great take on the throwdown colors!

Jen Brum said...

Love this card! I am so tempted by this stamp set!! It's so lovely! Love the fall colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lynne said...

Get my stamp set tomorrow. Love how clean and simple this card is but so very effective.

Nancy Thomas said...

Love how you combined the challenges. Beautiful and fresh card.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love how you've combined these challenges - you have created one stunning and clean card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!