Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Country Lane Daisies

Hey y'all!  Happy Wednesday!  Are you thrown off this week after having a Monday holiday?  My hubs was off for four days in a row so it's like we had two weekends here.  Not that I'm complaining.


I'm so ready for some fall weather here, yo.  It was in the 90s and 8 billion percent humidity yesterday.  My husband loves the summertime and I'm just like UGH it's trying to kill me.  Fall is obviously the best season.

The inspiration for today's card was courtesy of the photo at Fusion:


Which I paired with the Global Design Project sketch:


I made my main image panel a bit too wide, so I had to slightly edit the rest of the sketch to accommodate because I didn't want to start over :D. I wish I had some buttons or something to put on that little tabby bit on the upper left of the main image panel...I needed some Espresso up there so I ended up using a retired Candy Dot (I miss those!!) because it just HAD to have some Early Espresso up near the top or it looked unbalanced.

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Harvest, Tropical Chic
Ink:  Whisper White, Granny Apple Green, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Crushed Curry, Country Lane DSP
Accessories:  retired Candy Dot, white EP, Dimensionals, linen thread

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

VERY pretty. I love daisies. I even have a bracelet that has all daisies on it. It's just so summertime.

I am with you about the fall. Unfortunately Texas has such a SHORT ONE. It's my favorite time of the year. We got a good one in Central California, believe it or not. I just remember the air smelling differently and then the frost would come in late fall in the early mornings. The air would get a crispness to it. Yep, fall is IT for me. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

Hope you had an awesome weekend. Mine sure was jam-packed.

Tanya said...

This is absolutely beautiful! This might be my favorite card with this set ever! I am a sucker for daisies. My baby calls them "mama's flowers" :)

Jeanne J. said...

Your painting is beautiful!