Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Simply Wonderful

Mornin' y'all!  Ryan spent 4 hours at the babysitter's house yesterday so I spent that time in my craft room! :)  I took pictures of a bunch of recently finished scrapbook pages and finished up another new layout, and I also squeezed in a couple of quick cards.


Very CAS today and look how well Cinnamon Cider pairs with Shaded Spruce!  It's a good thing this card doesn't smell like the color names or this would smell like a cheap scented candle.  Haha!  I just used Rooted in Nature on a couple of scrapbook layouts so I had it on the brain and decided to use it for today's card as well.

Check out the Just Add Ink inspiration photo:


Crumb Cake might have been a closer match for the color in the photo, but I don't have the Neutrals DSP Stack (...yet) so that's why I went with Cinnamon Cider.  Plus I'm in love with the new color ;)

I paired that with the sketch from Fusion:


I like their inspiration photo too, so I might have to revisit that side of the challenge later this week.  In the meantime, y'all have a terrific Tuesday!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rooted in Nature
Ink:  Shaded Spruce, Cinnamon Cider
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Thick Whisper White, Cinnamon Cider DSP
Accessories:  Nature's Roots dies, Dimensionals, In Color Enamel Dots

7 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

This makes a wonderful masculine option and is a great take on the Fusion layout! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge!

Tanya said...

Beautiful! And hooray for craft time!!!

Nikki Spencer said...

I love the clean lines and simplicity Christy! This would work beautifully for many masculine occasions. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Chantell Randall said...

Totally agree these colours do go together well. I love the bold sentiments in this stamp set. Chantell Just Add Ink

Tina said...

The colours are a great mix! I love how the tall tree reflects the tall elements in our Inspiration Photo. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Definitely an inspired card, Christy. I love how you've represented the plats with the tall tree & the cinnamon cider works great too. Great CAS card. Thanks for playing along with the JAI challenge.
Di

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Christy! The tree is so striking and your woodgrain panel is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!