Saturday, September 19, 2020

Ryan: Happy Birthday!

I have a two-fer today for Ryan's baby book because I'm up to his first birthday celebration!


The week before Ryan's birthday, we were moving out of our house in Virginia and prepping to move into the new house in North Carolina, so Ryan spent his first birthday in a hotel.  We did a birthday celebration at the Virginia hotel so that Missy and Bennet could be there too (and Missy's mom), and both my parents were in town to help us with the move.  That turned out to be a Very Good Thing because once we got to NC, all hell broke loose:  the day we got our household goods delivered, the hubs had the flu and a 105-degree fever, Ryan was coming down with it too, and I was in the hospital emergency room, waiting to be admitted for emergency gallbladder surgery.  That was the most exciting move we've ever had, and definitely worse than either of the overseas moves.  (As I type this, we haven't gotten to Germany yet, so I'm hoping that move isn't as heinous as this one was even though I know we're in for a two-week quarantine when we arrive).


So anyway, I got a cheap tablecloth to put on the floor and we got a Red Velvet cake from Wegman's for Ryan's first birthday cake.  I picked another favorite DSP and chose the colors based on that.


Pacific Point isn't in the DSP but works well with the other colors, which are Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Mossy Meadow, and Whisper White.  I bought multiple packs of this DSP because I loved this pattern so much.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Letters for You, Weather Together, Big Day
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, Tangelo Twist, Crushed Curry, Versamark
Paper:  Pacific Point, Tangelo Twist, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Thick Whisper White, Birthday Bash DSP
Accessories:  Hello You Thinlits, Large Letters dies, Stitched Shapes dies, clear EP

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Looks like a fun birthday, in spite of everything! :) I hope this move is MUCH calmer.