Monday, October 15, 2018

OBX

Soooo apparently I was kidding about that whole "same bat time, same bat channel" thing ;)  The day after I posted that card, I got a bad headache and didn't do anything and then...well, I got a teensy bit completely obsessed with a cross stitch project.  I had set it aside for almost a year while I worked on some other smaller projects and I just picked it back up maybe a month ago.  So that's what I've been doing.

But today I plan to get back in my craft room and do some stamping!  So let's start the week out with a scrapbook layout from, uh....2005? 2006? I don't remember.  But it's the beach!


This was the year my parents came out to North Carolina for Thanksgiving, and then we drove to the Outer Banks and then up to Washington DC (my first-ever trip to DC).  That stupid B in the title is totally crooked--I had the most trouble with it.  I actually DROPPED the inked-up stamp on the paper the first time I was trying to do the title, so I had to peel everything up and flip the paper over because it was all messed up but I didn't want to just trash a sheet of 12x12 cardstock.  So I may have muttered imprecations at it but the B is staying crooked.


Today's color palette includes Mint Macaron, Midnight Muse, the long-retired Cranberry Crisp, and my first-ever use of Gray Granite on a scrapbook page, where it is the journaling block.

Okay, kiddo is making noise so it's time to do breakfast.  Cheers, y'all!  Hope to be back tomorrow with a card.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  By The Seashore, Larger Than Life Alphabet
Ink:  Mint Macaron, Midnight Muse, Cranberry Crisp, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Midnight Muse, Cranberry Crisp, Gray Granite, Midnight Muse DSP
Accessories:  None

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Seems like eons ago, doesn't it? We had a good time, though.