Wednesday, November 7, 2018

A Bright Birthday

Mornin' y'all!  How's your week going?  We're still trying to get used to the time change here...I'm working on sliding Ryan's schedule to the right, so hopefully by the end of the week we'll be back to a regular schedule.  Can we please not ever do Daylight Savings Time again?  'Cause that would be great.

So for yesterday's card I brought out a few old favorites; for today, I've got one brand-new stamp set only available this month, plus a few newer faves.


The floral images are from Happiness Surrounds, which is part of the Snowflake Showcase promotion and obviously it's more versatile than just snowflakes (though the snowflakes are to-die-for gorgeous!).  I'm looking forward to playing more with both of the stamp sets *and* the super awesome Thinlits!

So for challenges, I'll be entering this one in the SUO Challenge to use die cuts, which is ridiculously easy because I love my Big Shot and all my dies and I have a LOT of dies.  Next up is the Just Add Ink color challenge:


I'll probably be too late to enter the challenge but that's okay, I liked these colors together so much that I couldn't let it pass me by.  I really loved the old Brilliant Blue, and Blueberry Bushel is pretty close to it so it's fun to see it used in a color challenge.  On the bad side, I've discovered that my Berry Burst ink pad has succumbed to the Dreaded Gold Sheen, ugh.  I'll have to buy a new one before the color retires this summer.  And technically the glitter dots I used on my flowers are Melon Mambo, but I thought they worked pretty well here (they look better in person than in the picture).

Next up is the Fall-To Layout:


I was very tempted to use the snowflakes and the Snow is Glistening stamp set for the main image panel, but that color challenge from above made me change my mind :)

Last up is the Just Us Girls challenge:


I don't use the Sheet Music background stamp nearly often enough, so it was nice to have an "excuse" to ink it up for today's card.

And that's all she wrote, folks.  Have a great day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Happiness Surrounds, Beautiful Day, Sheet Music
Ink:  Lemon Lime Twist, Blueberry Bushel, Berry Burst
Paper:  Lemon Lime Twist, Blueberry Bushel, Berry Burst, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Snowfall Thinlits, Glitter Enamel Shapes, Dimensionals

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oooo, I really like this one. You'll have to send me info on this stamp set!

Jan said...

Such a fantastic use of the colours, Christy and so clever to use the snowflakes for flowers too! I love the musical background and your little sparkly details too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

This is a great mix of stamping and die cuts. Also a great way to demonstrate the versatility of stamps and dies. Chantell Just Add Ink

Nikki Spencer said...

Bold and lovely Christy and a fab use of the Just Add Ink colours. Thanks for sharing!

Julia said...

Love the colours and the sheet music background!! Awesome card for our challenge! So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO with our delightfully die cut challenge.

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

This is awesome with your use of nontraditional colors. Definitely CASEing this one! A new challenge with a Christmas theme was posted today and we hope to see you participate in the design team call too.