Friday, November 9, 2018

Thankful Fall Bouquet

Happy Friday, y'all! And it IS a happy Friday because my hubs will be home for a 3-day weekend, then just 4 days next week and he's back home for good!  YAY!  So I made a card about being thankful :D


I don't have all the Stampin' Blends yet, so I thought I'd try a different technique to color in my image:  stippling.  I just tapped a blender pen on my ink pad and then used it to make little dots and kept dotting until I liked the color on my image.  I used Bermuda Bay for the pitcher, and the Coastal Cabana stripe is supposed to look like a highlight but for some reason it came out looking a lot more green than I expected.

Country Home is this week's stamp set at What Will You Stamp?:


And my card started with the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


 Both the sentiment and my image ended up being much larger than the original sketch, oops.

Finally, here's the photo challenge from Inkspirational:


I used the colors from the photo:  Bermuda Bay from the napkin in the front, and the oranges and yellows for the decorations on the table.  I even did the "berries" on my image with Lovely Lipstick because of that one really pink apple (side note:  Pink Lady apples are my favorites!).

So that's it for us today.  Hope you have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Country Home
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Lovely Lipstick, Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  none, unless you count my blender pen :)

2 comments:

cm said...

How wonderful to hear of your husband's 'home for good' news; so exciting that you'll all be under the same roof.
Your card is perfect to mark this special occasion: beautiful flowers and the stippling...oh my! Lovely! So delighted you shared your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery! Your continued support means the world to us!
~carol
PS. any more cross-stitching to share? Your work is incredible!

sandie said...

Congrats for getting top picks at Ink