Friday, November 30, 2018

A Really Retro Birthday

Happy Friday, y'all!  Hope you've had a good week back.  The gym has been TOUGH this week--amazing what taking just one week off will do!  But I'm getting back in the swing of things and also getting in my craft room, so I'm happy.


Retro Rubber is celebrating challenge #100, so I had to pick out some really retro stamps to make my card!  Sweet Treats (the cake stamp) is really REALLY retro, as I've had it since 2006; Happy Happenings (the sentiment) is from 2015.  All the paper is really retro too; all my colors are long-retired as well as the DSP.  That patterned paper is what first popped into my head when I saw this challenge so I went with my first instinct here.  Check out the Retro Rubber challenge:


I did the far right column and the bottom row; I painted the cake with Wink of Stella for sparkle but it doesn't show up in the photograph (and I took several, trying to get it to cooperate).  I used pewter embossing powder (also long retired) to count as a metallic and the heat embossing.  I'm efficient that way.

I also used a retro sketch, this one from Palm Trees & Pogo Sticks:


I love that sketch, would definitely use it again.

That's it for me today, y'all.  I've gotta get the house ready because my in-laws are on their way here for a visit.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweet Treats, Happy Happenings
Ink:  Versamark, Regal Rose, Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Regal Rose, Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Flowers for You DSP
Accessories:  pewter EP, corner rounder punch, hexagon punch, Dimensionals

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Cool card, Kik! I do like the retro vibe this card gives. When we come out, I'll have to try to remember to bring that card I got that my mom gave to her mother - circa 1950's. And you will see the similarities. I LOVE IT!!!

Neva Cole said...

Great to see you in our gallery again! Excellent job with the simple and sweet birthday card. I know it is hard this time of year to get good photos of our shimmery creations, without natural sunlight it is difficult! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for our 100th Celebration Challenge!

Jan Clothier said...

If there was a prize for uber-retroness, then I think you'd win it hands down, Christy. Thanks for sharing such a sweet retro creation with us for our 100th challenge.

Claire Grantham said...

I swear any gap in my gym schedule hurts me and as I travel for work every 6weeks for 10 days that can be a problem. So I hardly take time off, I carry resistance bands and core sliders wherever I go.. Such a cute card, I think I might have that stamp too - super retro! Thanks for joining in the Retro Rubber 100th Celebration, I know you rarely miss one of our challenges, which is super awesome. Claire DT

LeAnne said...

Love your retro cake image, so fun for a cool birthday card! Thanks for playing with our 100th challenge!!

Natasha said...

What a fun card! I love the cheerful colours!