Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A Pop of Green

Hey, kids!  How's it going today?  It was rain, rain, rain all yesterday afternoon, and cold to boot, but I got in my craft cave and I made this!


My mother-in-law's birthday is later this month, hence the fall leaf, and her favorite color is green, hence the green leaf.  And a bit of glitter just because why not.  This is, I believe, the first time I've used Merry Merlot too.

I started with this week's CASE the Designer challenge from Global Design Project:


Louise's card is all soft and delicate with pale colors and mine...is not ;)  I kept the basic layout and the idea of leaves/foliage for the main image; my card base and the stripey pattern are pretty light, but I think it balances out with the leaves and the bit of Merry Merlot.

I also used the inspiration photo from Fusion for my colors:

I picked out Sahara Sand because that's what's in the background, some Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry for my fall leaf, and the aforementioned Merry Merlot for the wine bottle.  But I just loved that pop of green on the photo, and that's why I used green on my card.  Plus, MIL's favorite color.

Hope you have a great day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Colorful Seasons, Varied Vases
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Merry Merlot, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Merry Merlot, Thick Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP
Accessories:  Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, glitter enamel shapes

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Ooo, I love that Merlot color. I think it is the "it" color for the season. I bought myself a new dress and shoes to match in that color. I really like it.

The card is beautiful and I'm sure Nancy will love it!!!

Linda Callahan said...

So perfect for fall! Great colors! Glad you joined us at Fusion!